Salamanca/ Matacan Climate & Temperature
- Salamanca/ Matacan, Spain is at 40°57'N, 5°29'W, 794 m (2605 ft). See map.
- Salamanca/ Matacan has a warm mediterranean/ dry-summer subtropical climate that is mild with dry, warm summers and moderate seasonality. Regions with this subtype of the Mediterranean climate closely resemble an oceanic climate with generally cloudier and damper conditions than typical Mediterranean climates tho they are still susceptible to fire in the warm dry summer months. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csb)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Salamanca/ Matacan is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The average annual temperature is 11.6 degrees Celsius (52.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17.3 °C (31.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 388.5 mm (15.3 inches) which is equivalent to 388.5 Litres/m² (9.53 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Salamanca/ Matacan you would pop up nearest to the climate station at The Brothers, New Zealand (Cool temperate steppe biome).
Salamanca/ Matacan Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Salamanca/ Matacan Climate Graph in Metric Units
Salamanca/ Matacan Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Salamanca/ Matacan, Spain Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Gijon, Spain - 288.3 kms (179.1 miles) N
- Oviedo, Spain - 268 kms (166.5 miles) N
- Oviedo, Dominican Republic - 267.5 kms (166.2 miles) N
- Vigo/ Peinador, Spain - 296.3 kms (184.1 miles) WNW
- Melgaço, Viana Do Castelo, Portugal - 263.9 kms (164 miles) WNW
- Braganca, Portugal - 139.1 kms (86.4 miles) NW
- Porto , Portugal - 260.8 kms (162.1 miles) W
- Penhas Douradas, Portugal - 183.2 kms (113.8 miles) WSW
- Coimbra, Portugal - 259.2 kms (161.1 miles) WSW
- Caceres, Spain - 180.1 kms (111.9 miles) SSW
- Portalegre, Portugal - 247.7 kms (153.9 miles) SW
- Badajoz, Spain - 257.2 kms (159.8 miles) SSW
- Evora, Portugal - 336 kms (208.8 miles) SW